Profile of Tanna Sreekumar & Co.
-Tanna Sreekumar & Co, (previously known as Tanna Somaiya & Co) was established in Tanzania in 1945.
-With a cumulative audit experience of more than half a century, our expertise in the field of auditing and the quality of the services has been ever increasing. This can be gauged from the following facts:
- We have got more than 400 clients
- We audit the financial statements for organizations from the following segments of businesses:
- Banking Services
- Agriculture and harvesting
- Shipping lines
- Fresh water and sewerage service provider
Our various achievements and mile stones are as
1945 – Established as a Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice.
2003 – Got the accreditation from the Central Bank of Tanzania known as Bank Of Tanzania (BOT) to perform the attest function of auditing the financial statements of Banking and Financial Institutions established in the United Republic of Tanzania.
2004 – Took over Patel, Shah and Joshi, Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice, one of the oldest audit firms in the whole of East Africa with a clientele of more than 200.
- 2007 – Registered by the World Bank as the World Bank Group Vendor which entitles us to bid for any of the project of the World Bank
- The partners are very well known in the business market as well as the professional circle due to the contribution that they have been making in raising the standard of the Accountancy profession in the country.
- He was also a member of the Executive Committee of NBAA and the past Chairman of the Tanzania Association of Accountants (TAA).
Mr. B.S. Sree Kumar is a Member of the Education and Publication Committee of the National Board of Accountants and Auditors.
He is a Visiting professor at the faculty of law, University of Dar es Salaam.
We have got affiliations with the various leading service providers such as:
Morison International - UK
Law Associates – a firm of Advocates, Notaries Public and Commissioners for Oaths based in Dar es Salaam;
Ushus Technologies Private Ltd. – an Information Technology Solutions company offering software solutions and consultancy services to Fortune 500 companies worldwide;
- We avoid rigid or standardized methodology in favour of a more flexible audit approach.
- We have divided the financial statements into suitable components and for each component, the underlying assertions, inherent and control risks and possible controls are considered.
- Before the commencement of the audit a comprehensive audit plan is drawn with a schedule.
- The plan is then refined incorporating the changes mutually agreed and is strictly adhered to.
- We prepare and submit a Management Letter highlighting the comments on book keeping, the controls, the reports generated, etc. along with the audited financial statements, thereby drawing the attention of the management towards areas which may be skipped by them.
It must be said that we have grown into the present status through a thorough professional approach and the list of our satisfied clientele is growing every day. We ensure real value for client’s money. Needless to add, the information received during the course of the assignment is kept strictly confidential.
The Audit related queries can be sent to:-
Mr B S Sreekumar (Managing Partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org, +255 784 32 33 34
- Capital taxes
- Company formation
- Company secretarial
- Corporate finance
- Corporate/business tax
- Due diligence
- Employee/employment tax
- Estate planning and trusts
- Financial services/banks
- Indirect tax
- Internal Audit
- International accounting standards
- Management accounts
- Personal tax
- Preparations of periodic statutory accounts
- Private companies
- Raising finance
- Reporting on accounting systems & internal controls
- Review of financial statements to meet regulations requirements
- Specialist audits
- Specialist services
- Stamp duty
- Statutory audit
- Taxation returns
- Valuing businesses
- A Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- B Mining and quarrying
- C Manufacturing
- F Construction
- G Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- H Transportation and storage
- I Accommodation and food service activities
- J Information and communication
- K Financial and insurance activities
- L Real estate activities
- M Professional, scientific and technical activities
- N Administrative and support service activities
- P Education